Monday, April 30, 2007

Blog Happenings

It’s been an eventful week here at Mama Says So. To start with, there’s the new look. For months now, I have been enviously eyeing other people’s funky templates and feeling rather blue about my own standardised Blogger one. Since I understand as much about templates as I do about robotics (which, as you might have guessed, is close to nothing), all I could do was look and mourn my lack of HTML skills.

But that was before wonderful, generous and creative Megha came along and offered to design one for me. Since I am completely honest and believe in giving credit where it is due (backed by the fact that Megha occasionally pops in here), I have to admit that my contribution to this lovely new avatar of my blog was negligible and was limited to broad instructions (No Pink! No flowers!), vague guidelines (must look like a mommy blog but not overly so) and creatively flawed comments (thankfully she vetoed my suggestion that the red be toned down). Thanks Megha! I love it! You should really start charging for this! I am sure you're going to get a lot of requests after this.

In other news, the blog has been getting some attention.

  • To start, I finally got my hands on the 14th March issue of Femina, which has done a two-page feature on moms who blog. Femina doesn’t have an online version but I think the article there is an altered and edited version of this one. Thanks for the heads-up, Sapna.

  • Then was a write-up that appeared a couple of weeks ago on the Sunday edition of the DNA newspaper. Here’s the link – it’s on Page 18. Thanks for the link, Janaki.

  • And finally, Mama Says So got listed in Amit Aggarwal’s list of the most widely read Indian blogs in the ‘Mommy Bloggers’ category.


Good week, wouldn’t you say… :)

35 comments:

  1. Good going!!! :)

    lage raho..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Rohini! Well-deserved, too. Now I can't wait for the book to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Congratulations and I love the new template. Have been contemplating what to do with my blog next, now shall hope Megha does take orders or something:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good indeed! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rohini, you probably should convert my name in your post to a link to my blog. :)

    And awww, thank you. I feel so inadequate for all the praise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yikes! There is a link!

    Ok, I blame my under caffeinated self for overlooking it.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I dont want to spam your comments box, but hola! Beks, and yes I do take orders!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most certainly a good week! Congratulations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool. All of it. Funny how fame can come from doing something you love to do--and friends, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool template & well deserved mentions!!

    A long way to go I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi there..was just reading through you blog..umm..im not sure how old your baby is..but congrats! and congrats again..for having your blog listed in all these places...its definitely an interesting read!! will keep reading it for updates on posts as well as your archives! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Rohini you certainly were on a roll this week:)Congrats,your blog deserves all the honors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alright Rohini!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! You deserve it all. And yes template is totally cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. [Mehak] Thanks. I am totallly inspired to post more often... :)

    [Ranjit] That's all the world needs - another book on the joys and traumas of parenting... :)

    [Beks] You totally should get a new template. My blog feels all shiny and new and I love it!

    [Ceekay] Thanks :)

    [Megha] It must have been the link problem which I can see you have fixed, thanks. And stop being modest...

    [Moppet's Mom] Thanks :)

    [Talena] I never thought of it like that - but so true.

    [Sunita] To think when I started this blog, my mom was the only person who read it!

    [rt] Well, he's going to entering the terrible twos in less than a month...

    [Fuzzylogic] Yeah! This week is going to be hard to top!

    [Orchid/ M] Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!And your template is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the new template! Same blogger goodness/new look!

    take care, take care

    ReplyDelete
  19. very cute look.. me likes! me likes! and good going on the honor roll. when it rains, it pours!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will just reiterate what everyone else has already said, the new template is great and congrats on the great press!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fine. Pffft. I cant help it you know.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on the listing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. congrats!!! y've now stepped into celebrity bloggerhood :) beware of the blog stalkers :)

    yes, i read the femina article and happily pointed out yr name to P. he remembers you but he doesn't read blogs :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! And all in a week's work too.....and very weel deserved cos you right excellently....the only downside i was just wondering aloud (dont get upset) is that I wonder if Ayaan will feel a bit odd when he grows up to know that there are 50 odd people who have been following his life)...but then since most of the things are all good, i guess its ok.! keep writing and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the new look, especially the tagline :) the font size is a little small though.. any chance you could work on that for overtired eyes? oh, and good going on the media references. it's beee-gun.

    ReplyDelete
  26. WONDERFUL new look!! i was so excited to see this!! and good job Megha~!!
    and you deserve to be famous!! look at all the mommy wisdom you spout!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. [Supriya/ Melissa/ Shilpa/ Just a Grail/ Alan] Thanks

    [Aqua] Tell me about it. My own husband doesn't know what's up on my blog till I nag him into reading it.

    [Lawyeramma] I have thought about that. The day I feel that this might bother or embarass Ayaan, I will take it off the www. Right now, I guess I am doing it for me.

    [eM] Will consult with my template creator and get back on that :)

    [Grafx] Thanks. And I am glad you see it as wisdom and not preachiness...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooh, celebrity only you are! Good going.
    And good job with the template Megha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. hey! coming here in a long time :)
    the new look is great!(love the red!) and congrats on making the widely read blogs list :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. [Primalsoup] *Blushes modestly*

    [Sudha] Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the new template!
    Congrats on the great press.

    ReplyDelete
  32. [Mommyof2/ Hillgrandmom] Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sweet! The new look is definitely very warm and spring-y! Looks awesome. And oh, I MUST say that your house looks wonderful!! :) Oh btw, Happy Mommy's Day in advance to you and all the mommies reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Rohini! Am glad you got your copy!!

    ReplyDelete