My first instinct is to be all self-deprecating and list the number of reasons why I don't deserve this award (blogging frequency, for one). But some friends of mine have been telling me that I am very bad at accepting compliments. So in this case, I shall simply say that I am truly honoured and graciously accept this award. Thank you Kiran, Ceekay and Hillgrandmom. And thanks to those who drop by to read and comment, many of whom have become so much more than just co-bloggers and commenters. And of course a big thank you to the raison d'etre for this blog - my little sweetheart, Ayaan who inspires me to write (and also keeps me from it by occupying every available waking moment and piece of mindspace).
How this works -
Brilliant Weblog is a prize given to sites and blogs that are smart and brilliant both in their content and their design. The purpose of the prize is to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogsphere.
First, here are the rules:
- When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back
- Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
- Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’
- Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).
- And then we pass it on!
I am passing on this award to the following blogs, in no particular order:
- Winter's Day In - Mommyblogger with her fingers in so many pies that she makes my head spin - bringing up three (!) young boys, home schooling, scrapbooking, running an eBay business, research into alternate health, cooking healthy and organic food for her family and all this while planning to move the family across countries!!!
- Expatriate Games - Melissa's fascinating account of her life as a Canadian in Korea and her cute little Fusion Baby
- Days in a Wannabe Punk's Life - Love her fortright and well-researched posts. She has not been posting of late but I hope she comes back soon!
- The Smug Bug - Another one who really ought to blog more often. Especially love her childhood posts which always take me back on the memory train.
- Winkie's Way - Beautiful, beautiful writing. I always come away from her blog with a sense of calm
- 30 in 2005 - She self-deprecatingly says she writes blah, mundane stuff. Couldn't be further from the truth. Love seeing London and a host of the cities through her eyes. And her writing on life is the 30s really hits home.
- Aqua's Dreamscapes - She has the most gorgeous templates. And has recently done a really insightful series of posts on Tibet and the China Olympics.