Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's here!

*takes a deep breath*

(Yes, I know. It's been exactly four months since my last post. But that is the subject of another post, which I promise will not be another four months in the coming.)

This post is a particularly special one. It's been one that I have been waiting with baited breath to write for well over a couple months, ever since the lovely Kiran Manral, of KarmicKids, FortyAndCounting and IndiaHelps fame and a very dear friend, announced that she had written her first novel.

Last week, the big moment finally arrived and The Reluctant Detective went on sale. I jumped at the opportunity to order the book from Flipkart. I had hoped to actually read the book before I wrote this but a life with no time to blog also leaves me with less time to read so I am just a few chapters down. But it's been a totally fun read so far - with laughs on every page, a very relatable lead character and a rollicking pace that makes me long for the days when I had the luxury of getting through a book in one sitting.


The Reluctant Detective revolves around Kanan Mehra, a thirty-something suburban housewife and young mother with a penchant for sticking her curious nose into things she definitely, absolutely and certainly shouldn't go near. When a couple of corpses turn up in quick succession in her neighbourhood, she teams up with her detective friend, Runa, in a half-hearted attempt to find the murderers, only to suspect that perhaps the detective business doesn't quite become her. A hilarious account of how not to get involved in other people's murders, The Reluctant Detective is every school-gate mom, searching for a purpose to her life beyond kitty lunches, shopping and fish pedicures.

To know more about the book, where you can get it and what others are saying about it, head over here.

28 comments:

  1. Great to have you back...you were missed in the blog world :) I have ordered my copy...just waiting for flipkart to deliver it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read a review over at Mallika's blog. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew. There you are at last. Been meaning to write to you forever.

    And waiting to get a copy of Lady K's book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for being back! We have missed you! Will order a copy soooon!

    You should check out my new site, www.kiducere.com!! Would love some feedback!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have you back Ro! See how much the blog world loves you and misses you! :) I loved your review of the book as well! You should seriously write for some newspaper there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to see you back :). I'm waiting to get my hands on this book too, hoping to read it soon.

    Took the opportunity to nominate and tag you - pls see http://apster.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back! Welcome back! Will pick up a copy soon, sounds interesting!

    When you were away, I launched a website with my cousin and friend. Please check it out and give us your honest feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ro!

    I know exactly what you mean about the lack of time to read a book at one go - but fully planning devour Kiran's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice review, makes me want to pick up the book and read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Come back now. I've waited for too long. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will check out the book. Sounds interesting. And Ro, I know you have your hands full but here's a verrry gentle reminder for the post on baby led weaning. I have ordered the book as a start and your experience (and success) with it will help newbies like me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:24 pm

    Hi Rohini

    Quite an impressive and useful blog you have out there. :-)

    I work closely with The Birthplace, a premium birthing facility that was launched in Hyderabad on December, 2011. We are launching an interesting pre natal package for expectant mothers and were looking at some inputs from you. You can have a look at our website on http://www.thebirthplace.com/


    Could you email me your response to parvathy.jaya@gmail.com??

    Thanks
    Parvathy Jaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely…
    mumbaiflowerplaza.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:03 am

    Hi

    This is qute an interesting and useful blog you have out there :)

    You might interested in checking out a new concept that was launched last December, 11. Its called - The Birthplace in Hyderabad
    : http://www.thebirthplace.com/ . We have an interesting pre natal package coming up and were interested in contacting you for the same...


    My id is parvathy.jaya@gmail.com. Could you send me an email so we could connect?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found you via Sue.
    Your kids are adorable! I love the mommy blogs so much, i am a wannabe mommy blogger.
    I have read way too much of ur blog at one go. getting a bit cramped now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply superb………..marvelous….
    bangalorewithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous7:45 pm

    Forgot to write my name, not anonymous. I'm Kajari

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous5:04 pm

    You must keep blogging. I have beocme an addict of your blog. Read every single post in just three days. The stories of your son, daughter and you are wonderful. You should write a book too. It's gonna be a bestseller! Best,
    Kajari

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Ro!!I really do miss your blogs. How are you? Busy with the kids in Hyd is it? Have you all settled down well?

    Do blog........ Need some healthy language reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Liked the post
    chennaiflowerplaza.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is so amazing and good...
    Gurgaonflowerplaza.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is very glorious work compiling the information and very useful tips given by u for the readers.Goa wedding planners

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is really interesting…
    Deccansojourn.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. So, needless to say, anytime you mention what you look like, or the images of your profile on this post, I become momentarily stunned and confused to discover that you do not in fact look like me, even though I pictured you looking exactly the way I do for the past year or so of reading this blog because, again, you with the relatableness, ’tis your talent milady.
    Business Transformation

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi.. Found you through Indian mommies..Really nice blog.. Would love to hear your comments on Parenting and childcare .

    ReplyDelete
  26. very nice review
    http://www.deccansojourn.com

    ReplyDelete