Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Day of Remembrance


The incidents of Sandy Hook last Friday are no less shocking for not being the first of their kind. Of all the bad news in the world, nothing wrenches my gut more than the senseless killing of children. Maybe it is mother in me that rebels at the very idea - it was not their time to go and it is against the laws of nature for parents to have survive their children. I don't know. I just know it hurts. My heart goes out to the families affected by this horrible event.

A moment of silence is often our ineffectual way to mourn the loss of lives. So that is what I and the other Marathon Bloggers are doing. We are choosing to step away from our blogs today in honour of those innocent children who lost their lives and the families and communities that are grieving for their loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment