We go on our first long road trip with the kids tomorrow and the butterflies in my stomach are not conducive to writing a post about what one wants to do before one kicks the bucket, but here goes anyway:
- Take the kids on at least one fantastic holiday every year till they fly the nest and expose them to some of the great natural beauty and historical sites, both in India and abroad.
- Take a holiday, watch a movie and eat a meal in a restaurant all by myself and feel totally comfortable doing it.
- Figure out my niche in the 'kids vs career' clash and find a balance between guilt and non-parental achievement.
- Throw one big dinner party (20 guests or more) with delicious food cooked by your truly from scratch.
- Live for at least one week (not counting vacations) without a meal plan, grocery list and to-do list, just to know that I can do it.
- Learn how to compost and grow a herb garden in my balcony.
- Buy a bicycle and cycle instead of driving when I can.
- Make a list of 100 books I want to read before I die and actually read them before I die.
I am sure there are more. But I have to get up in 6 hours and then drive for 8 hours so I am going to stop now.
See you guys on the other side of our journey.